Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Artists' Way

it took some time
though now I finally see
the very problem's at the heart of me

my sensitivity ...
i'm blessed & cursed

the "human sponge"
that's me, you see
sometimes I care so much, it hurts

i'm thankful for the Gift
of making art

yet those tools applied to my personal life
they can often break my heart ...

& so, I live my life the artists' way ...
Delicately balancing
In this world where I create

I learn to use my pain to make me strong
When the storm is through
I'll start anew
& write a hundred songs


(c) 2012 - {January 9, 2010/ January 17, 2012} by KIRK

3 comments:

  1. very touching poem! My sensitivity also helps me a lot in my creative writing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous poetry. You are quite gifted. I wanted to take a moment to personally thank you for calling Tom out on the age rant insanity on Blip and Twitter. But just to give him the benefit of the doubt, during that time, we were in a relationship and I am quite a bit older than he, so it may have precipitated the rant. Regardless, it was hurtful to many, especially me. Thank you again and please keep writing poetry. You are gifted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will say "you're very welcome". I don't like to sit idly by and watch people abuse or hate-on others. Thank you for your very generous words about my writing here. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete